Paul B Sfh

Raised Rates 40% in 2 Years and Don't Care

I am a small wealth planning practice that is required to use the services of Iron Mountain for confidentiality. Just over two years ago, they increased my rates by 40%.

As far as I can see, they do absolutely nothing for this service except store my boxes of confidential information in their warehouse. That's it. After bringing this up with the firm, they promised on numerous occasions that someone would get back to me to negotiate a more reasonable deal. Today, I received a short email from them saying 'take it or leave it.' I would urge caution when dealing with this firm.

I understand that I am a client and they are a large international company. However, I find the ongoing lack of respect and unfulfilled promises to be a reflection of the company.

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Be careful…if you are a small client they seem not to care a hoot about you

Guest

Send multiple emails to the CEO, Bill Meaney. Email address is firstname.lastname@***.com for everyone.

CEOs assistant hates getting customer complaints and will do anything to fix it.

But you have to keep emailing them every day. Squeaky wheel and all that.

Ellis Vay
map-marker Dawsonville, Georgia

NICKEL AND DIME YOU DON'T CAMP HERE!!!!

Original review Apr 09, 2024

We rented and paid online for an RV Slip to camp Thursday-Sunday. IRON MOUNTAIN RESORT at 116 Iron Mountain Pkwy Dahlonega, GA 30533.

When we arrived they said we were required to pay an additional $38.88/person a day including day of arrival. So an additional $233.28 on top of the RV price we already paid online!! We explained we were just camping and not actually doing trails until Saturday(This does not matter)They charge an extra $38.88/person per day on top of the price for your camping spot. If thats not bad enough they wouldnt allow the RV rental person through the gate to pick up his RV without paying them another $38.88 Sunday morning and made his wife sit at the office while he picked up the RV.

So we also had to reimburse the rental company another $38.88!! So heres what only Two full days of RV Camping actually looks like:

RV Slip $237.29+Trail Charges $233.28 (2 people)+RV rental pickup fee $38.88= A total of $509.45 More than DOUBLE the fee when we booked and paid online.

User's recommendation: Run away from this place and camp anywhere else.

King Wmj
map-marker Nanaimo, British Columbia

No show for 2 appointments

We had booked iron mountain to perform onsite shredding at our office. They didnt show up and didnt notify us either. Several phone calls and emails ensued, all promising to correct the situation. We agreed reluctantly but they were a no show again today, a week later. DONT USE THEM EVER!!!

User's recommendation: Never use this company

map-marker Portland, Oregon

Improve relationship with data

jim willis, a teacher at NNU Nazarene College 623 Holly street Nampa, Idaho 83686 stole millions of dollars of electron mylar eq and silver mica circuits as well as aphex units from a student of his college in his rental which he paid for extra monies from his parents continually mailing checks to his office could you remember to call the police sheriff and CIA about such action today guys come on you can He retired but still has address in files

User's recommendation: send images to FBI

Verified Buyer
| map-marker Portland, Oregon

Terrible/non-existent customer service

Iron Mountain - Terrible/non-existent customer service
Our company has had on going billing issues for years with Iron Mountain. Calling customer service is not helpful as if they do not want to respond, will place call on indefinite hold. Over a month ago we sent written notice to destroy all remaining files and send final invoice. Despite repeated request for a reply, company has refused to respond. Have just received another bill for "storage". Do not use this business as once in, getting out is very difficult.

User's recommendation: Do not use this company, find another (check reviews first) or rent a private storage unit.

Duane D Sjr

Thank you for the post. If you have a concern or complaint, please feel free to reach out to me Duane Duncan directly.

I lead the Executive Escalations/Customer Advocacy Center. My email is duane.duncan@***.com

Guest

Send an email to the CEO William Meaney. Everyone's email at Iron Mountain is first name.lastname at ironmountain.com.

Also: Tony Zaki, Timothy Butler (has a 2 after their last name in their email).

Skip customer service completely. Go to the CEO and VPs every time.

View more comments (1)
Lori L Crj

| map-marker Omaha, Nebraska

Have been trying to cancel service for 2 1/2 months

Updated by user Sep 12, 2022

After my review (and a complaint filed with BBB), Iron Mountain contacted me via email. They resolved our complaint fairly quickly, and did not charge us bogus fees as others had complained of. I would never use this company again because of the issues we had, but I am happy to no longer be dealing with them and I'm satisfied with the eventual resolution.

Original review Aug 10, 2022
We have been using Iron Mountain for three years. Overall, the service was not bad - the guy picking up our bin was always very friendly and helpful, but we never knew when they would be here to pick up the bin because their listed "schedule" was never accurate.

Also, the prices are double what other local companies charge. In June of this year I contacted the company (no easy feat in itself!) to let them know that we would be switching to a new company ASAP in response to their prices going up again. I was told someone would be in touch with me within 7 days to arrange a pickup of our bin and get our account closed. 8 days later I contacted the company again because no one had reached out to me.

I was told that this would be "escalated" since it hadn't been dealt with and someone would be in contact with me within 3 days. 20 days later I called again - same BS, same non-response from them. THREE more calls (one 10 days after last, one 20 days after, one today) and the bin is STILL IN MY OFFICE. It has now been 2 1/2 months since the first contact and there has been no resolution.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY FOR ANY REASON!!!

You will pay double the price, and you cannot speak to a person who will help you if there are issues. Lesson learned!
Pros:
  • Driver was friendly
Cons:
  • Disorganized
  • Customer service
  • Deceitful

Preferred solution: Our account closed ASAP, without the fraudulent fees that all reviews have mentioned being tacked on once the account is closed.

User's recommendation: Do not use this company under any circumstances.

Tamsen Jbm

**CUSTOMER SERVICE *** Customer Service and the Customer Advocacy departments are instructed to ignore and deflect complaints so the customer eventually gives up. If you have customer service issues, email the following executives: william{{Redacted}} ironmountain.com or bill{{Redacted}} ironmountain.com {{Redacted}} ironmountain.com (VP) {{Redacted}}

Verified Buyer
| map-marker Lincoln Park, New Jersey

It is nearly impossible to do business with this company.

Iron Mountain - It is nearly impossible to do business with this company.
Iron Mountain - It is nearly impossible to do business with this company. - Image 2
I received notice they were longer sending paper invoices. There was a link to receive an invoice. It required a number from my invoice. I do not have an invoice that is the reason I was trying to get an invoice. This company is one big Catch-22. It keeps you going in circles and you can waste hours trying to get things that should be readily and easily available.

User's recommendation: Avoid this company unless you have lots of time to waste.

James M Yud
map-marker Pompano Beach, Florida

No Response On Cancellation

I have never experienced such bad customer service ever. I phone Iron Mountain's 800 number to cancel my account because I sold my business on February 13th.

The customer service person transferred me to a cancellation department. I communicated with them about my wish to cancel, and that reasons for the cancellation. The agent said that I would need to complete a form and incur a cancellation fee. After 9 years with them, I thought a cancellation fee was inappropriate, but fine.

Time goes by, and I see a debit to my bank account for twice my monthly fee on February 25th. My thinking was fine, that's the cancellation fee. I was wrong, they just doubled my monthly fee on that date. Then I'm charged the fee again in March.

I called customer service and was told that the cancellation department would call me. It's a week later and no call from cancellation department. I called their customer serve line again. I was told only the customer service department can act on a cancellation request, and that someone will call me.

I feel trapped, and that I'm going to have to pay for a third month of service I don't need. Help.

Loss:

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Watch what you buy

Starla C Edp

Verified Reviewer

People need to know how this company works

I signed what I thought was just an agreement for the price at the time for storing boxes, I did not understand that what I signed was an auto renewal if I didn't give a 30 day notice and when I got the quote to get my boxes it was an unbelievable and staggering $17,078.17. I can't even process this. It's highway robbery!! I am physically ill over this...
Cons:
  • Unbelievably expensive

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!

map-marker Fresno, California

Disappointed with contact service for my medical facility to store department records

I have called on several occasions to have my sterilization records picked up (at different times of the day) only to be put on hold for at least 25 minutes each time,leaving me to hang up to attend to my job duties. My record boxes are piling up and I'm getting frustrated trying to find spaces to stack them in my small department office. The management must have changed because I hadn't experienced this type of service before

Preferred solution: Apology

map-marker Raleigh, North Carolina

HORRIBLE SERVICE

Constantly changing invoices with little to no explanation. Do not use them...a complete waste of money and time!

User's recommendation: DON'T DO IT!

Gloria T Bih

| map-marker Moonachie, New Jersey

Lack of transparency / Intimidating Staff

This company is not honest about their business model - in reality they are now doing general household moving of everyday items. This has absolutely nothing to do with data.

One of their moving truck drivers - using an Iron Mountain truck threatened me over a parking spot on the block where I live in NYC.

It was a very intimidating and scary event.

When I complained to the company one of their representatives reached out to find out what exactly had transpired and I explained. He then admitted that Iron Mountain is now in the household moving business using their branded trucks - with clearly hoodlums as drivers!

I urge everyone to beware.

I sent my complaint in writing over 3 weeks ago and to date there has been no formal response. One of the complaints I made was to the police precinct in my area. One of the captains replied to me by phone and gave me his cell number.

He told me that if I see this truck again on my street I am to call him immediately.

Threats and intimidation by a publicly traded company is not acceptable. The lack of response is also not acceptable.

Gloria Tarigo

Let Them Eat Cake, Ltd.

letthemeatcakenyc.com

917 865 ****

Sent from my iPhone

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: Stay away!

Peter J Okv

| map-marker Huntersville, North Carolina

Educational purposes

Iron Mountain - Educational purposes
You are not being singled out, Iron Mountain overcharges everyone. You or your organization are complicit, because most likely someone signed a Terms of Service Agreement with them. If you did, you gave them the legal right to overcharge you.

User's recommendation: Forward Iron Mountain's Terms of Service Agreement to a lawyer, BEFORE you sign it!!!!!

map-marker Columbus, Ohio

They hire criminals

John Brecht works at the Columbus Ohio James road location. He is a narcissistic abuser of women and children. He threatens people. He is racist. He pled out on multiple traffic violations yet remained employed by the company. How many others like him do they employ??? Scary thought.
Cons:
  • Lack of action
  • Way i was treated
  • Entire experience

User's recommendation: Don’t go through iron Mountain go through another company to protect yourselves.

cynthiacindy w

Verified Reviewer

I am not getting my service

When I am supposed to get a pickup I am not getting it. They keep saying I m off the route. I am 4 blocks down from P N C bank in Columbiana Ohio. I was on the list for Friday 3-4-20 &;;;;; the person never showed up. I call the make me a new time &;and; and they never show up. I have cancelled 2 doctor appointments because they were supposed to come & collect my shredding, They never showed up. So I wasted my day 4th,5th, & 9th. They didn't even call me to let me know they weren't coming. I have a answering machine that takes messages when I am not at home. A gps will bring then right down here. I worked in pa. for 6ys. &; did routes. So being of a route is no excuse. I went off my route many of times for a customer to deliver our service they were paying. I do think some of your people don't know there route or just don't care. Please look into this matter. I would like an answer back about this issue or a phone call. Thank you very much. Cynthia (cindy) Wells. My e-mail is c219w@***.com Thank you.
Pros:
  • I am a pissed customer

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

map-marker Boston, Massachusetts

They are the worst

They hold your documents hostage. You can't cancel your account unless you pay about two months worth of storage fees. It's absolute insanity. Their customer service is terrible and I hope no one does business with them ever again.
Pros:
  • Hold on to your stuff
Cons:
  • Hold your stuff hostage so you pay them more money

User's recommendation: DO NOT WORK WITH THEM